At Mossgate, we want to develop a love of learning through a curriculum that is engaging, broad, balanced and based on the development and application of knowledge, understanding and skills. We work hard to ensure lessons interest children, stimulate their imagination and develop independence and creativity. All teaching and learning is supported by a group of dedicated and skilled teaching assistants.
Children are grouped into three stages:
- Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) are children aged 4 – 5 (Reception)
- National Curriculum Key Stage 1 are children aged 5 – 7 (Infants)
- National Curriculum Key Stage 2 are children aged 8 – 11 (Juniors)
We follow the National Curriculum which is divided into core and foundation subjects. You can find out more about the National Curriculum (2014) by clicking here.
- Core subject are English, Mathematics and Science.
- Foundation subjects are History, Geography, Art and Design, Music, Computing, Design Technology, Physical Education and Modern Foreign Language (French).
- Other curriculum areas are Religious Education and PSHEC (Personal, Social, Health, Economic and Citizenship Education). More information about these subject areas can be found under Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) Curriculum.
For each curriculum subject / area, our subject leaders have worked hard to develop key learning documents which ensure that the knowledge, skills and understanding have clear progression and challenge.
Curriculum information is shared with parents every half-term through our curriculum newsletters and we regularly invite families into school to find out more and to celebrate their child's learning.
If you have any questions about our exciting and engaging curriculum, or would like to know more, please contact the headteacher, Rob Smith, by email (email@example.com) or phone (850736).